Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dreams, Superstition, and the Unnatural

(Yes, this is my journal. But all you'll ever see of it.)
I had a super weird and unrealistic dream about prom last night. Which got me thinking; I should share some of my supernatural obsession with my blog readers.

I've always been super fascinated by dreams and what makes us have them.... since as long as I can remember. As I was reading up on them one day this year, an author said that he keeps a journal of all his dreams. Some days may be vague, and some days he might not have any dreams at all. But nonetheless, write them down. I have my own dream journal. I notice that day by day after writing in it, my dreams get clearer and are easier to remember. From there I spend a few minutes researching in various dream dictionaries, looking for what subconcious emotions are bringing up certain imagery. As weird as I may sound for doing all of this, I'm merely just intrigued by the way our minds work. (and I have discovered a lot about my subconcious than you'd think...)

I've had some instances where I write my dreams down, and have to revisit them later in the week, because something that I saw looked or felt familiar. Like a month ago, I had a dream in which we were standing in an empty house of my friend's, because he was about to move to Logan. I wrote it down and didn't think anything of it. That Saturday we stood in the same friend's house, emptied, because he was getting ready to move to Logan. I'm trying to think nothing more of it than a strange coincidence.

Though I could go on this tangent for hours, I'll spare you. You're probably already thinking, wow Liz, you are extremely weird. But who cares, World of Warcraft or excessive dream researching, we all have some strange obsessions.

5 comments:

  1. You are not weird! I totally agree with you. My dreams have been sooo wacked out lately. Last night I dreamt that my mom was abusing me? and last week I had a weird one where I was in Hawaii and there was a volcano. I have really messed up dreams, and I'm pretty intrigued myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh, by the way. Where did you get that journal? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see someone shares my same oddities. Haha. Ummmmm I think from Target. It's just one of those recycled ones, it looks like tree bark on the front...

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHH...I have that too! For some reason I thought that dreamcatcher was the cover...but then I realized it's a drawing by you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yeah, I draw them everywhere. Happy birthday via blog!

    ReplyDelete